Metal fabrication is the process of creating metal structures from the raw components of metal using cutting, bending, and assembling processes. Metal fabrication shops are commonly known as fab shops. Most fab shops specialize in custom metal fabrication for you or your business’ needs. Many businesses outsource their custom metal fabrication needs. Today, Fort Miller FAB3 in Schuylerville will explore common reasons why companies outsource their steel fabrication projects. Contact us today!
5 REASONS TO OUTSOURCE YOUR CUSTOM STEEL FABRICATION PROJECTS
- Equipment needs. Metal fabrication is not that easy. Various machines are needed to do most jobs, which include ironworkers, plate rolls, profile rolls, horizontal band saws, hydraulic press brakes, swing-beam shears, plasma cutters, robotic welders, and sandblasting equipment. Not only are these machines costly, but they take up a lot of space, which the average business just doesn’t have.
- Workforce needs. Custom metal fabrication is a skilled trade that requires workers who have knowledge and experience in metals, working with metals, and have training on the equipment. It’s best to outsource custom metal fabrication jobs when you want the job done right to a steel fabrication shop with skilled workers rather than try to have someone less qualified do the job.
- Define your brand. Similar to workforce needs, a reputable metal fabrication shop will probably cost you a bit more than if you did the project yourself; however, consider the damage that could be done to your brand if shoddy work is produced and put forth to your customer base. Quality matters, so stick to experts in custom metal machining.
- Design assistance. Many businesses have an idea of what they want their custom metal fabrication finished product to look like. However, the devil is in the details, and submitting your order to the best custom metal fabrication shop without having your chosen shop review the plans and designs ahead of time can cost you in the long run. Remember, when you hire a premier steel fabrication shop, you are hiring their expertise. Odds are, they’ve fabricated dozens of orders similar to yours and may have better ideas for you or suggestions on materials to use that will not only save you some money, but will end up leaving you with a much better finished product in the end.
- Timeframe. If you are on a tight schedule and you need your custom metal fabrication piece done sooner rather than later, outsourcing your project to the best custom steel fabrication shop in your area such as Fort Miller FAB3 is probably your best bet. Steel fabrication shops are used to working under tight timeframes, and with superior equipment and expertise, they can get the job done right and quickly. That being said, do check with your chosen metal fabrication shop on when your project will be finished as they may have a lot of jobs pending.
Fort Miller FAB3 is constantly innovating and seeking the best ways to improve quality, improve design, and improve efficiency in our methods and our processes. We would love to help you design your specific custom metal fabrication project. Our mission is to exceed our customers’ expectations when they come to us for custom metal fabrication work, and we want you to be completely satisfied with the finished product.
Fort Miller FAB3 in Schuylerville, NY, does much more than custom metal fabrication work. We also offer laser cutting, plasma cutting, robotic welding services, CNC machining, bending, metal sandblasting, and metal painting services. Our aim is to be your go-to shop for all of your fabrication needs, from start to finish. Hence, once the metal product has been fabrication, we’ll paint your project as well, so you leave here without having to go to another shop. If you’re interested in any of our custom metal fabrication services or other services, such as custom metal machining, contact us today for a free quote!