Quality control is essential to custom metal fabrication shops in order to ensure customer satisfaction and the production of custom metal products to the highest standards. Historically, when quality control issues begin to arise, the custom metal fabrication shop can take a hit in sales.
Fort Miller FAB3 is the best custom metal fabrication shop in Schuylerville, NY. We offer a wide variety of services, including the best plasma cutter, the best laser cutter, the best robotic welding, the best sandblasting, and the best CNC machining services. Our customers are our number one priority, and we strive to produce the best custom metal works for their needs. In this blog post, we’ll explain why a custom metal fabrication shop needs quality controls in place in order to succeed. Contact us today!
WHAT IS QUALITY CONTROL IN CUSTOM METAL FABRICATION?
There are many ways to define quality control in custom metal fabrication, mainly by maintaining standards. For Fort Miller FAB3 near Greenwich, simply maintaining standards is not quite good enough for us. We define quality control as exceeding customer’s expectations with all of our products and services.
HOW IS QUALITY CONTROL MAINTAINED IN CUSTOM METAL FABRICATION SHOPS?
- Designate people who specialize in quality control. Fort Miller FAB3 recognizes that having a staffed employee who only monitors quality standards may not be economically feasible for some custom metal fabrication shops. However, having someone or multiple people regularly inspect products and equipment and survey customers, as well as read reviews and online comments, is imperative for any custom metal fabrication shop to survive. This person should have authority enough to correct any problems as soon as they are found. Furthermore, quality control should be a team effort, wherein all departments are constantly checking their procedures and policies to ensure standards are upheld and exceeded. This includes departments that many think they have nothing to do with production, such as the purchasing department who is responsible for ordering parts which are top-quality to the human resource department who ensures staff and employees have everything they need to get the job done, which can be a simple as ensuring they have safety goggles to wear. A successful custom metal fabrication shop such as Fort Miller FAB3 is a team effort.
- Maintain a timeline for custom metal fabrication orders. What irks clients the most is when they order a custom metal fabrication product and are told by the custom metal fabrication shop that their order will be ready by a certain date and it’s not — all because someone dropped the ball at some point during the process. From the custom metal fabrication drawings and specs to the materials and processing, all departments need to communicate for the wheel to turn smoothly. Ensure the custom metal fabrication process is carried out from start to finish. The last thing you want is a delayed shipment to a customer all because someone forgot to mail the package.
- Maintain safety at all times. Accidents happen; they are a part of life. However, like the name implies, they also can be severely curtailed through a stellar safety program that all employees are trained on. Fort Miller FAB3 puts a high emphasis on safety and employee training in order to ensure employees are not taking unnecessary risks. Furthermore, a custom metal fabrication shop needs to know all safety codes from OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration) so when an order comes in for say, a stairwell, the stairwell can be made to safety code. This means from engineering to ordering to fabrication, all employees need to be familiar with OSHA standards.
- Maintain cost control standards. A custom metal fabrication shop needs to turn a profit in order to stay in business and pay its employees. This is done by keeping customers’ prices down to reasonable rates with efficient processes and procedures. Cutting down on costly metal work mistakes is also part of keeping a custom metal fabrication shop’s costs down. Maintaining equipment’s maintenance schedule is also imperative in order to minimize costly delays and downtimes.
- Review your quality control processes regularly. It’s very easy to become complacent in your successful custom metal fabrication shop. After all, custom metal work orders are flowing in, jobs are being completed on schedule, and you’re making money. It is always when things are going well that something happens — an unforeseen accident or a major control falls through — that processes begin to break down and quality begins to suffer. Quality has to always be in the forefront of what you do, and it must always be improved upon in order to stay relevant. Once you get a reputation for poor quality custom metal fabrication goods, it will be hard to undo that.
FORT MILLER FAB3 IN SCHUYLERVILLE AND QUALITY CONTROL
Fort Miller FAB3 in Schuylerville believes in exceeding your expectations in every service we provide, from sandblasting services to custom CNC work. Our quality control processes and systems we believe are top-notch and guide us in our mission to manufacture the best metal works, including laser metal cutting and robotic welding, for your needs. When you partner with us, you’ll be guaranteed a product that will exceed your expectations every time.
As a Top Rated Local® metal fabrication company, Fort Miller FAB3 is always looking to recruit top talent who believes in offering the best product possible to our customers. We invest in ongoing training for our employees in order to ensure innovation and cutting-edge technology never go unused. Fort Miller in Schuylerville invests in talent for the future. Contact us today!